PURPOSE OF THE OFFICE OF INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH:
The purpose of the Office of Institutional Research is to serve as an information repository for the university, to assist in maintaining university, college and program-specific accreditations, and to gather perceptions on student and faculty experiences at UDM. By extracting, organizing and analyzing data the office distributes information for use by campus leaders in making decisions aimed to improve our students’ opportunities to achieve their goals.
- Ensure compliance in the submission of mandated statistical and evaluative reports for:
- Department of Education at the federal and state levels
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of the TitanConnect integrated enterprise resource planning system in conjunction with ITS, the Registrar’s Office and other offices.
- Serve as a resource for data and information for the planning and accreditation efforts of the colleges and schools within the University
- Provide information resources to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on HLC/NCA policy and procedural changes.
- Assure the accuracy/consistency of data going out of the University by acting as a clearinghouse for questionnaires, surveys and reports from outside constituencies.
- Design, conduct and evaluate survey research and evaluative studies.
- Provide predictive modeling for retention and enrollment forecasts
The IR office is located on the 5th floor of the Fisher building on the McNichols Campus, reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and coordinates its work with many other offices on campus. The office is staffed by the Interim Director of Institutional Research, Shelley Wagnon.
CONTACT: Shelley Wagnon, Interim Director of Institutional Research, 5th Floor Fisher Building, 4001 West McNichols Road, Detroit, MI 48221-3038.