Resources for study abroad costs

Studying abroad gives you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the 21st century. The following resources can help you finance studying abroad.

Will my tuition cover the costs?

Tuition may be covered under your flat rate or financial aid may be available to help cover tuition, airfare and other fees associated with the program. Find more under Finances section of the FAQ.

U.S. State Department Study Abroad Resources and Scholarship Information

The U.S. State Department will not only help you discover study abroad opportunities offered by the U.S. government, but also help you discover programs offered by foreign governments around the world. 

The following links provide a host of resources for students and parents, and scholarship opportunities to explore.

Fulbright U.S. Student Program

More than 1,500 Americans receive grants to study, research or teach abroad with full or partial support from the Fulbright Program. The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for U.S. graduating college seniors, graduate students, young professionals and artists to study, conduct research and/or teach English abroad. In addition, Critical Language Enhancement Awards are available to grantees for study of critical need foreign languages before or during their grant period. For more information, please click here.

David L. Boren Scholarships and Fellowships Program and Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program

Learn more about the Gilman Scholarship Program.

The David L. Boren Scholarships and Fellowships Programs are sponsored by the National Security Education Program (NSEP). Boren awards provide funding for U.S. undergraduate and graduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad: Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.

To be eligible, your selected study program (1.) must be in one of these eligible world regions, (2.) must include intensive study in a less commonly taught language and (3.) must be enrolled in a study abroad program that runs six months or longer during fall and winter or eight weeks during summer term.

Learn more at