Remanufactured toner cartridges
OfficeMax has won the bid for remanufactured toner cartridges. These cartridges are OEM-compatible for all of Detroit Mercy's printers. By going with one supplier and remanufactured cartridges instead of new cartridges the University is saving over $24,000. per year. OfficeMax is committed to customer satisfaction and service. Should there be an issue with any remanufactured toner cartridge the following steps should be taken:
- If a cartridge fails call OfficeMax customer service at 800-472-6473 and request an Authorization To Return (ATR) number. A replacement cartridge will be sent to replace the defective one.
- If the printer was damaged as a result of the cartridge, OfficeMax will clean/repair the printer within 24 hours at no charge.
- If a printer is damaged and it is not the result of the cartridge OfficeMax will repair the printer, however, Detroit Mercy will be responsible for the cost.
- If you experience a continued issue with the cartridges, OfficeMax will schedule the Manufacturer of the cartridges to come on-site to trouble shoot and solve the problem within 24 hours.
- If you need an emergency toner cartridge replacement because of a defective cartridge, call or email the OfficeMax representative Kevin Burks, at 800-542-8787 ext. 7034, firstname.lastname@example.org. Kevin will deliver a new cartridge the same day at no charge.
The used toner cartridges need to be returned to OfficeMax Office Solutions. When the new remanufactured toner cartridge is unpacked and inserted into the machine, return the used cartridge into the box. Seal and mark the box "OfficeMax Used Toner." If you are located at the McNichols Campus, OfficeMax will pick up the used cartridge(s) when they make a delivery to your department. If you are located at the Riverfront Campus, OfficeMax will pick up the used cartridges from the second floor Administrative Office of the Law School and from the Law Library. If you are located at the Outer Drive Campus or Dental School send your cartridges to the mail room for pick up by OfficeMax.
Order the remanufactured toner cartridges using OfficeMax's on-line system just as you have in the past for office supplies. The OEM item numbers will be listed on OfficeMax's on-line catalog and OfficeMax will convert the OEM item number to the remanufactured item number. Only remanufactured toner cartridges will be allowed. OfficeMax Office Solutions is Detroit Mercy's single source provider for toner cartridges.If you have any questions about this program please call Procurement Services at 313-993-1212.