Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program?
You're already in it!
The co-curricular Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to educate, engage, and empower all UDM students. Using the “Social Change Model,” the ELP offers you the opportunity to explore your leadership potential and abilities through involvement in programs, events, and activities that include learning, leadership, spirituality, and service, on and off campus.
All UDM students have the chance to experience and live the UDM Mission. As you do so, you will learn to exhibit leadership for the common good. Those students who choose to intentionally develop their leadership capacity will be recognized for their achievements by earning a Leadership Pin and Medallion.
Students often exhibit leadership on campus in both formal and informal ways. You are likely already doing a number of things that fall within the categories of the above criteria for leadership development within UDM’s Conceptual Model for Social Change.
The Institute for Leadership & Service will give you recognition for the work you are doing, while encouraging you to excel and experience further leadership development opportunities to become leaders who serve the community.
To find out more about the program or to get started:
- Please view the program presentation (PDF) and download the program booklet (PDF).
- Send an e-mail to TheInstitute@udmercy.edu stating your interest and you will be given access to a Blackboard Course so that you can stay in touch with the Emerging Leaders Program and all its activities, events, and participants.
Service Verification Form
- Click here to download a service verification form: Verification Form
- Or here if you prefer the PDF Version
Ready to Obtain the Emerging Leader Medallion or Pin?
- Reflection essay (application) is due February 20th for those who are graduating in May, 2012.
- Click here to download the ELP FAQ to find out how to apply.
Living leadership by example and involvement.
First Year Experience: Our comprehensive approach to your first-year experience at UDM begins with SOAR and Fall Orientation, which includes the Common Read, and integrates both your curricular and co-curricular experiences.