Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program?
You're already in it!
The co-curricular Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is designed to educate, engage, and empower all UDM students. Using the “Social Change Model,” the ELP offers you the opportunity to explore your leadership potential and abilities through involvement in programs, events, and activities that include learning, leadership, spirituality, and service, on and off campus.
All UDM students have the chance to experience and live the UDM Mission. As you do so, you will learn to exhibit leadership for the common good. Those students who choose to intentionally develop their leadership capacity will be recognized for their achievements by earning a Leadership Pin and Medallion.
Students often exhibit leadership on campus in both formal and informal ways. You are likely already doing a number of things that fall within the categories of the above criteria for leadership development within UDM’s Conceptual Model for Social Change.
The Institute for Leadership & Service will give you recognition for the work you are doing, while encouraging you to excel and experience further leadership development opportunities to become leaders who serve the community.
To find out more about the program or to get started:
- Please view the program presentation (PDF)
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com stating your interest and you will be given access to a Blackboard Course so that you can stay in touch with the Emerging Leaders Program and all its activities, events, and participants. An institute staff member will contact you regarding your interest.
Service Verification Form
- This form is essential to record your community service hours as a part of the Medallion & Pin requirements.
- Click here to download a service verification form: Verification Form or here if you prefer the PDF Version
- Forms can be turned to the Institute office Briggs 232.
- Use this to help keep track of your activities for the Medallion or Pin!
Ready to Obtain the Emerging Leader Medallion or Pin?
- A Reflection Paper and all requirements listed on the white and gray portion of the Worksheet are due January 15th for those wishing to be awarded the Leadership Medallion at their Honors Convocation in March.
A Reflection Paper and all requirements listed on the white portion of the Worksheet are due March 15th for those wishing to be awarded the Leadership Pin and the Leadership and Service Awards Ceremony in April.
- Click here to find out who received the Medallion and Pin awards in the past.
Click here for a list of upcoming events!