GM Student Corps
If you already know about the program, Click HERE to apply.
GM Student Corps is a paid, ten-week summer internship for UDM students (and high school students) who exhibit grit, determination and leadership potential.
- You will work alongside GM retirees and local high school students on community service projects.
- You will be mentoring these high school students to learn important life skills to enter the job market and/or college life.
- You will be working with the designated high school student "team leader" from a given school to help the high school team leader craft a presentation to GM executives.
- You will gain valuable experience by working directly with GM executives and managers -- and by networking with other GM summer interns that GM has hired from other universities around the U.S. to work on different projects.
- At the end of the summer, you will provide a presentation on how your team has engaged in social change in the community. The presentation will be held at General Motors Headquarters to an audience of GM executives and employees.
- You will have the opportunity to tour General Motors facilities, make friends, gain valuable work experience, and most importantly: make a difference in your community.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
To see pictures and video clips about the program from the perspectives of the high school students, UDM interns, and GM retirees that participated last year, please click on this link: http://www.gm.com/company/aboutGM/student-corps.html
Serve. Lead. Learn. Earn.
Click here to Apply
Your involvement in the GM Student Corps will count toward your application for the Emerging Leaders Program’s Leadership Pin and/or Medallion awards.
[+1 Engagement and Learning Program and Event]
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.