How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the 2014-2015 Ford Community Corps Partnership Grant, we will be accepting proposals in the Winter 2014 semester.
If you are interested in conducting a project and seeking funding, please review the steps outlined below:
1. Let us know! Please contact the Institute at email@example.com and give us your name, major, year (freshman, sophomore, etc), phone number, and email. Include any project ideas you might already have as well.
2. Form your project idea. The Institute, in partnership with Ford, is interested in supporting project proposals that are implemented during a Winter 2015 service-learning course. More specifically, we want to support projects in which the students in those courses apply the knowledge gained in that course to help a non-profit organization. If you are interested and seeking suggestions for potential non-profit or community groups, The Institute Staff has identified a list of potential agencies.
- For a list of these ideas, go to http://www.udmercy.edu/institute/files/FCCP-Proj-Ideas.pdf
- NOTE: This list has been developed through the efforts of The Institute in conversation with contacts at the various agencies. The list is provided only a resource to stimulate ideas. If one of the projects listed is appealing, potential proposal applicants must directly contact the agency PRIOR to submitting the proposal to confirm the viability of the project. Similarly, The Institute welcomes and encourages other ideas. Projects on this list will not be given any preference when considering the proposals.
2. Faculty member and student-leader must submit their joint proposal--by the spring deadline (TBD). Before you submit your proposal, please be sure to confirm with the agency/community group where your service-learning project will take place. Also, make sure that all required signatures are in place.
The Institute staff is happy to assist interested faculty and student-leaders to pair up and identify agency partners.
Click HERE for the proposal form.
Click here for a proposal evaluation criteria rubric.