Writing Center Policies
- Students may make two appointments per day. These appointments may not be back-to-back.
- Undergrad appointments are limited to 30 minutes. Graduate appointments are limited to 60 minutes with select consultants.
- Students arriving 10 minutes late to session will be marked as "no show" and may reschedule if their record of previous no-shows is not excessive.
- Students are responsible for keeping track of their appointment dates and times.
- "Blue sheets" for ENL 1300 and 1310 must be initialed and signed by a consultant to be considered valid.
- If students are receiving class credit for a visit with us, the session must be about a project for that class.
- If students haven't registered online before their appointments, they must do so upon arrival.
- Computer access is for online registration and use of online writing websites. No printing or checking email.
- Due to space limitations, only students with appointments or those making appointments are permitted in the Center.
- Students must silence and put away cell phones before their appointments. No texting.
How Writing Center sessions work
In-person appointments: Students come in (Briggs 131) and are actively engaged for 30 minutes with a consultant. How to prepare: Bring your assignment sheet or rubric, your draft and any other resources (textbook, handouts, etc.) the consultant might need in order to help you.
Online Appointments: Students are actively engaged for 30 minutes with the consultant. The student is able to paste a draft into our online program and the consultant and student will instant message one another about ways to improve the draft. How to prepare: Have a digital copy of your draft and necessary materials (assignment sheet/rubric, textbook, etc.) with you to refer to during the session.
To schedule an in-person or online appointment, visit: The Writing Center Website
For questions regarding our services, email Writing Center Coordinator Cindy Spires at firstname.lastname@example.org.