Do you need to schedule your presentation or want us to prepare a list of course-appropriate service sites? Contact the ILS office at 313-993-2003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give us a few weeks notice in advance of your course.
Resources for Course Planning
- Great Guide to Service Learning Course Design
- Guides to Direct Service Opportunities for your consideration
- Guide to Project Ideas with community partners
- PowerPoint Introduction to Service Learning as Used in Class
- Sample Syllabi Listed According to Discipline for Service Learning Courses
- Service Learning Forms
- Detroit Mercy Service Learning Handbook
Resources on Reflection
- A goldmine from Campus Compact on reflection – types, structuring it, using it.
- Reflection Activity Ideas from St. Norbert College
- A SAGE Journal article on the Role of Reflection in Service Learning
- Reflection questions from Macomb Community College New York
Considering Service Learning
If you would like to discuss the possibility of adding a service learning component to your course, please call Tim Hipskind, S.J. at 313-993-2003 or email him at email@example.com
Want to learn more about Service Learning
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can either call Tim Hipskind, S.J. at 313-993-2003 or you can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.