UDM Logo

What does the SAO do?

What is the SAO?

The Student Accounting Office, formerly known as the Bursar's Office, provides accounting services to students and University faculty and staff.

Major services provided to students include: cashiering; set up and handling of payment arrangements; counseling regarding student tuition and loan accounts (i.e., Perkins, Health Profession Loans and Nursing Student Loans); and resolution of billing issues.

Some additional services provided by SAO include: processing of Variance Committee petitions; agency placement for delinquent tuition and loan accounts; and assessment of miscellaneous student fees.

All services provided by the Student Accounting Office are offered at the following location on the main campus:

Room 40 in the Fisher Administration Center on the McNichols Campus

What We Do

The SAO provides operational and service support for students and University faculty and  staff.

Operational Support provided by Student Accounting:
  • Manages student Accounts Receivable
  • Liaison for Tuition Management Systems
  • Issues monthly student statements
  • Collects student payments and applies them to student accounts
  • Bills the third party payers for student tuition
  • Disburses refunds from student accounts and distributes financial aid refund checks and Direct Deposits of refunds
  • Applies charges originating throughout the University to student accounts
  • Issues student tax statements ( Form 1098-T)
Service Support provided by Student Accounting:
  • Resolution of student billing issues
  • Manages campus based loan programs
    • Carl Perkins Loan
    • Health Professions Loan
    • Nursing Student Loan
    • UDM Loans
  • Provides counseling to students and their families regarding educational finances and makes payment arrangements

 Chair of the University Variance Committee–a committee established to review appeals for student refunds when a student withdraws from classes due to extenuating circumstances. Appeals must be submitted within 1 calendar year of your withdraw date.

The Student Accounting Office fulfills all of these responsibilities and many more.  Further information can be obtained by exploring this site or by calling 313-993-1420.