The cooperation and involvement of students in a campus safety program is absolutely necessary. Students must assume responsibility for their own personal safety and the security of their own personal belongings by taking the following precautions.
- Doors should be locked when rooms are unoccupied.
- Valuables such as stereos, cameras and televisions should be marked with engravers provided by Public Safety.
- Bicycles must be registered with Public Safety and should be secured with a sturdy lock.
- Vehicles must be parked in assigned areas and locked at all times.
- Valuables left in a car should be locked in the trunk.
- Individuals should walk in well lit areas and use the buddy system or the campus escort service.