Emergency Procedures Guide
The Guide provides general information to be posted in your area, including a box for you to fill in your area's gathering point and building/floor coordinators.
If you are the First Responder:
The first responder is the person who discovers that a problem exists.
A specific protocol has been developed for most scenarios. However, a first responder has a general role to play.
- IMMEDIATELY go to a safe location and call Public Safety.
- When calling, identify your location.
- Determine the pertinent information (Who? What? When? Where? How? etc.).
- Provide all appropriate information regarding the problem.
- Help keep people calm until the proper authorities arrive.
- After the emergency is over, the First Responder will need to verify with the Department of Public Safety the situation at the start of the incident to ensure accuracy of Aftermath Records.