step – 1
- Review and print emergency document on this site
- Participate in the emergency web training -Program campus emergency number into a “one touch” button on your cellular phone
- Learn multiple routes out of the buildings you visit frequently
- Review protocols in the Emergency Response Plan & the Emergency Procedure Guide
step – 2
- Understand that all situations cannot predicted here
- Remember your A-B-C’s
- A – Assess the situation determine if you should evacuate or use containment procedures
- B – Before doing either, visually note your surroundings for hazards (i.e. noises, alarms etc)
- C – Call Public Safety and Communicate incident location, type and injuries
step – 3
- Not every incident requires evacuation, but may require building containment.
- Containment procedures are used when a hazard exists and it is not safe to leave your campus residence, office, classroom, or building.
- Learn the evacuation & containment procedures provided on this site
Central Dispatch Center