Crisis Protocol: Tornado
- Tornado Watch - A tornado watch is issued when conditions are likely for a tornado to strike.
- Tornado Warning - A tornado warning is issued when a tornado has actually been sighted, or has been indicated by radar and may strike in your area.
Once you hear the containment Alert Signal you should immediately seek shelter.
- Move to the interior hallways in the basement or lowest floor.
- Avoid areas with glass, shelving or heavy equipment.
- If possible, seek shelter under a desk.
- Sit on the floor and cover your head with your arms.
- Remain at this location until the Department of Public Safety or University official tell you it is safe to leave.
- Get out of the vehicle.
- Immediately get into a ditch or ravine.
- Cover your head with your arms.