- Plumbing Failure - The complete or partial loss of water pressure needed to receive adequate water flow.
- Flood - The overflow of water into areas that are not equipped to handle water flow.
- Between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday immediately notify Facilities Operations at (313) 993-1240.
- If there is a potential danger to the building occupants or a complete utility failure occurs after hours, weekend, or holiday, notify the Department of Public Safety at (313) 993-1123.
- DO NOT USE electrical equipment.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- If necessary, vacate the area.
- Call the Department of Public Safety from a safe location.
- Provide the building, floor and room number with the problem.
- Advise of the type of problem and injuries, if known.
- Once outside, proceed to the Gathering Point identified for your building.
- Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- DO NOT return to the building until you are told to do so by the Department of Public Safety or University official.
- The Building Coordinator will take attendance and assist in accounting for all building occupants.
- If requested, assist emergency crews as much as necessary.
- A campus emergency command post may be set up near the emergency site. Keep clear of the command post unless you have official business.