Date: September 19, 2013
Location: Off Campus / At the Bus Stop on McNichols across from Gesu School
- Black Male, Early 20’s, 5’6”-5’7”, Thin Build, Light Complexion, Braids, last seen wearing a White T-shirt, Blue jeans with a brown camouflage belt.
- Black Male, Early 20’s, 5’5”-5’7”, Thin Build, Short Hair, Dark Complexion, last seen wearing White Short, White T-shirt, White tennis shoes
CIRCUMSTANCES: Student left campus and was waiting at the Bus Stop. Student states that perpetrator # 1 ran across from the North side of McNichols to the South side where the student was standing. Student states that Perpetrator # 2 waited across the street. Student states that while she was talking on the phone, perpetrator # 1 tried to grab her phone out of her hand and the phone fell to the ground into two pieces. Student states she recovered the case while the perpetrator got her cell phone. Student states that Perpetrator # 1 then fled back across the street and both perpetrators ran North Bound on Oak Drive and from there unknown.
- Make sure your belongings are secure when walking.
- Make sure to lock your door(s) when leaving your area.
- Secure all valuable items; don’t leave them in plain view.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods)
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety (313) 993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone 313-993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus