Date: September 14, 2013
Location: Off Campus / Fairfield St/Grove St. (Across from Calihan Hall)
- Black Male, Late Teens/ Early 20’s, 5’10”,Medium Build. Perpetrator was last seen wearing Beige hat.
- Black Male, Late Teens/ Early 20’s, 5’10”, Medium Build, Short Hair.
Perpetrator implied he was armed with an implied weapon by pointing a stiff object covered in cloth into the Complainants back.
CIRCUMSTANCES:UDM Employee left campus and was waiting at the Bus Stop. UDM employee states that two perpetrators approached employees while standing at bus stop. UDM employee states that while one perpetrator was making small talk the second perpetrator approached from behind and pointed an object covered on his back and demanding money. UDM Employee relinquished money too perpetrators who fledEast on Grove Street and from there unknown.
- Make sure your belongings are secure when walking.
- Make sure to lock your door(s) when leaving your area.
- Secure all valuable items; don’t leave them in plain view.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods)
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety (313) 993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone 313-993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus