Armed Robbery - Off Campus
Date: September 29, 2011
Location: Off Campus / Riverfront Campus
nearby Riverfront Campus– the Department of Public Safety received a report on October 20, 2011 that an arm robbery occurred on September 29, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. at the Speedway Gas Station located on the corner of Larned and the Chrysler Service Drive.
The victim, a 24-year-old student said on the above date he was robbed at gun point as he walked past two white vans parked in the northwest corner of the Speedway Gas Station parking lot. Two suspects approached him, one suspect pressed an object in his left side. The suspects demanded money and other personal belongings from the victim. The suspects used the parked vans as concealment for the robbery. The student did not sustain physical injuries.
The suspects fled on foot in an unknown direction.
SUSPECTS # 1: male, late 20’s , tall with a thin build, wearing faded (worn out) blue jeans, dark colored hooded sweat shirt with the hood covering his head, armed with an unknown type of handgun.
SUSPECTS # 2: white female, possibly late 20’s. Clothing is unknown.
Students and employees are asked to immediately report incidents that take place on or nearby a UDM campus. Delayed reporting causes a delay in notifying the UDM community and may significantly affect the solvability and apprehension of the suspects.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the UDM Department of Public Safety at (313) 993-1252 M- F 7:00 am. to 3:00 pm. ask for Lieutenant Soviak.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety (313) 993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods).
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone (313) 993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus