PARKING LOT THEFT
Date: November 30, 2011
Location: On Campus / Corktown Campus - Parking Lot "N"
Corktown Campus– The victim, a 21-year-old student parked his vehicle in Parking Lot-N approximately 9:00 a.m. on November 30, 2011. The public safety officer while patrolling the parking area found that a vehicle had been vandalized.
The safety of our students, employees, and patients is very important to us. Eliminating the problem is both our goal and top priority.
The Public Safety Department has taken additional safety measures to address the rash of property incidents that have occurred in our parking areas. The University will continue to respond to the concerns voiced by both students and our community.
In addition, we ask that students familiarize themselves with safety tips and be vigilant in reporting suspicious activity which can be done anonymously by calling the 24-hour Control Center at 313-993-1234.
Witnesses are asked to contact the UDM Public Safety Department at (313) 993-1234.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety (313) 993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods).
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone (313) 993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus