FY 2014 Enrollment Marketing Initiatives
UDM’s Enrollment Marketing Initiatives for FY 2014 continue to increase brand awareness of UDM and drive prospective students to enrollment events in support of recruitment strategy.
- Primary Audiences: Traditional, full-time undergraduates and Influencers
- Secondary Audiences: Graduate and Transfer students
Recruitment Campaign Fall 2013
Home Team Marketing — Continue Home Team Marketing promotion at fall sports events at 32 high schools in metro Detroit. Promotion includes signage at schools, program inserts and PA announcements during sports events.
TV Commercials — Two 30-second TV commercials will air on metro Detroit cable TV sports programs (college football and basketball, and Monday Night football) this fall in addition to sponsorship spots; a video banner ad will run on Comcast.net in the Detroit and Grand Rapids markets. The TV commercials will also appear on network TV programs aimed at the traditional undergraduate market the week prior to Visit Days in October and December.
Radio Traffic sponsorships will run in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids to promote Visit Days in October and December.
|Radiate Network (Detroit) Stations
WCSX (94.7 FM)
|Total Traffic Media (Detroit) Stations
WCSX (94.7 FM)
|Radiate Media (Grand Rapids) Stations
WBBL (107.3 FM)
|Total Traffic Network (Grand Rapids) Stations
WBCT (93.7 FM)
Interactive Media will run throughout the year on:
- Pandora – 2 weeks previous to Visit Days in October and December— audio and display ads.
- Undertone – Customize messages to targeted demographic and channel use, November – March.
- Facebook – Customize messages to undergraduate, graduate and transfer student segments.
- Google and Bing– These search engines will broaden reach to targeted students and influencers and assist in highlighting priority academic programs.
- Revising website home pages for Colleges of Business Administration and Liberal Arts & Education.
- Review and update messages on “About UDM” pages.
- Begin review of website pages with content managers in the colleges and schools to update for timely and accurate information.
- Reprinting updated Transfer brochure.
- Developing new brochures for recruitment use: Pathways to Success with alumni testimonials, Leadership & Service, and Accepted Students Day.
- Developed new key messages for promoting UDM.
- Enhance social media and media relations activity to promote UDM initiatives and tell our stories.
- Implemented Business Administration fall recruitment campaign with TV commercial on cable TV, print ads in high school newspapers, online advertising for Business Turnaround Management certificate on Google Display Network, and display ad on Corporate Knights magazine website.