FY 2016 Enrollment Marketing Initiatives
UDM's Enrollment Marketing Initiatives for FY 2016 highlight its four keys messages—Great Academics, Great Values, Great American City and Great Outcomes—to increase brand awareness of UDM and drive prospective students to enrollment events in support of recruitment strategy.
- Primary audiences: Traditional, full-time undergraduates and influencers
- Secondary audiences: Graduate and transfer students
TV Commercials — UDM's two 30-second TV commercials air on metro Detroit cable TV sports programs (college football and basketball, and Monday Night Football) and as a video banner ad for Comcast.net in the Detroit market prior to each Visit Day event. The TV commercials also appear on network TV programs (FOX, CW, CBS) aimed at the traditional undergraduate market the week prior to the Fall Visit Days.
Radio Traffic sponsorships ran in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids two weeks prior to Visit Days in September, November and December.
Radiate Network (Detroit) Stations
WCSX (94.7 FM)
Total Traffic Media (Detroit) StationsWCSX (94.7 FM)
WDZH (98.7 FM)
WGPR (107.5 FM)
WKQI (95.5 FM)
WYCD (99.5 FM)
WMGC (105.1 FM)
WOMC (104.3 FM)
WRIF (101.1 FM)
WXYT (97.1 FM)
WPZR 102.7 FM)
WNIC (100.3 FM)
CIDR (93.9 FM)
Radiate Media (Grand Rapids) StationsWBBL (107.3 FM)
WHTS (105.3 FM)
WLAV (96.9 FM)
WVIB (100.1 FM)
WTNR (94.5 FM)
WLAW (96.9 FM)
Total Traffic Network (Grand Rapids) StationsWBCT (93.7 FM)
WOOD (1300 AM)
WMAX (96.1 FM)
WSRW (105.7 FM)
WSNX (104.5 FM)
Home Team Marketing — Home Team Marketing promotion occurred at fall sports events at 38 high schools in metro Detroit. Promotion included signage at schools, program inserts and PA announcements during sports events.
Interactive Media is scheduled throughout the year from September through mid-March promoting specific programs and visit day events on:
- Pandora and Spotify – audio and display ads.
- Dedicated Media – Display ads across multiple relevant sites to targeted demographic and channel use.
- Facebook – Customized messages to undergraduate, graduate and transfer student segments.
- Google – This search engine broadens reach to targeted students and influencers and assists in highlighting priority academic programs.
- During Fall 2015, the University is in Phase I of a web redevelopment project, which includes restructuring and redesigning our website to be more accessible and user friendly.
- The University is undertaking a Brand Study analysis with its key constituents to determine current perceptions of UDM's Mission & Identity.
- Maintaining scheduled social media posts and distributing press releases to promote UDM initiatives and tell our stories.
- Scheduled Business Administration marketing campaign to target undergraduate students in the fall and graduate students in winter/ spring. Promotion includes TV commercial on cable and network TV, print ads in high school newspapers and Crain's Detroit Business, billboards, and online advertising for MBA and Business Turnaround Management certificate on Google Display Network.