FY 2015 Enrollment Marketing Initiatives
UDM's Enrollment Marketing Initiatives for FY 2015 highlight its four keys messages—Great Academics, Great Values, Great American City and Great Outcomes—to increase brand awareness of UDM and drive prospective students to enrollment events in support of recruitment strategy.
- Primary audiences: Traditional, full-time undergraduates and influencers
- Secondary audiences: Graduate and transfer students
Home Team Marketing — Continue Home Team Marketing promotion at fall sports events at 38 high schools in metro Detroit. Promotion includes signage at schools, program inserts and PA announcements during sports events.
TV Commercials — Two new 30-second TV commercials — A Guy's Day at UDM and A Girl's Day at UDM — were produced to air this fall on metro Detroit cable TV sports programs (college football and basketball, and Monday Night football); a video banner ad will air on Comcast.net in the Detroit market prior to each Visit Day event. The TV commercials also appear on network TV programs (FOX, CW, CBS) aimed at the traditional undergraduate market the week prior to Visit Days in October, December and February as well as prior to the Transfer & Graduate Open House in March.
Radio Traffic sponsorships will run in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids two weeks prior to Visit Days in October, December and February, as well as prior to Open House in March.
Radiate Network (Detroit) Stations
WCSX (94.7 FM)
Total Traffic Media (Detroit) StationsWCSX (94.7 FM)
WDZH (98.7 FM)
WGPR (107.5 FM)
WKQI (95.5 FM)
WYCD (99.5 FM)
WMGC (105.1 FM)
WOMC (104.3 FM)
WRIF (101.1 FM)
WXYT (97.1 FM)
WPZR 102.7 FM)
WNIC (100.3 FM)
CIDR (93.9 FM)
Radiate Media (Grand Rapids) StationsWBBL (107.3 FM)
WHTS (105.3 FM)
WLAV (96.9 FM)
WVIB (100.1 FM)
WTNR (94.5 FM)
WLAW (96.9 FM)
Total Traffic Network (Grand Rapids) StationsWBCT (93.7 FM)
WOOD (1300 AM)
WMAX (96.1 FM)
WSRW (105.7 FM)
WSNX (104.5 FM)
Interactive Media will run throughout the year from September through mid-March promoting specific programs and visit day events on:
- Pandora and Spotify – audio and display ads.
- Dedicated Media – Display across multiple relevant sites to targeted demographic and channel use.
- Facebook – Customized messages to undergraduate, graduate and transfer student segments.
- Google– This search engines will broaden reach to targeted students and influencers and assist in highlighting priority academic programs.
- Working with Admissions Office on updates to Apply site.
- Posted student interviews about why they chose to attend UDM.
- Updating messages on “About UDM” pages.
- Beginning to review website pages with content managers to update content on academic program sites.
- Designed new Travel brochure and updated other Admissions materials for recruitment use.
- In coordination with Admissions Office, developing email templates for designated academic programs to send to prospective undergraduate students.
- Maintaining scheduled social media posts and distributing press releases to promote UDM initiatives and tell our stories.
- Scheduled Business Administration marketing campaign to target undergraduate students in the fall and graduate students in winter/ spring. Promotion includes TV commercial on cable and network TV, print ads in high school newspapers, radio spots on WDET, and online advertising for Business Turnaround Management certificate on Google Display Network.