FY 2013 Integrated Marketing Initiative Plan
UDM’s Enrollment Marketing Initiatives for FY 2013 continue to increase brand awareness of UDM and drive prospective students to enrollment events in support of recruitment strategy.
Primary Audiences: Traditional, full-time undergraduates and Influencers Secondary Audiences: Graduate and Transfer students.
Recruitment Campaign Spring 2013
TV Commercials — Two 30-second TV commercials will air on metro Detroit cable TV sports programs (college football and basketball, and Monday Night football) in February and March in addition to sponsorship spots; a video banner ad will run on Comcast.net in the Detroit and Grand Rapids markets in March. The TV commercials will also appear on network TV programs aimed at the traditional undergraduate market in March.
Billboard Locations — Four billboard messages will rotate five locations every two months in metro Detroit as well as in the Grand Raids area.
Metro Detroit locations from Jan. 7 - Feb. 17:
- E. I-94 Fwy & Lenox N/S
- Jefferson E/O E. Grand Blvd.
- I-96 Fwy W/O Chicago N/S
- I-275 Fwy & Van Boren W/S
- S. I-75 Fwy S/O Dearborn E/S
Radio Traffic sponsorships will run in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids to promote “Visit Days”
|Total Traffic Network (Detroit) Station
WCSX (94.7 FM)
WJR (760 AM)
|Total Traffic Network (Grand Rapids) Station
WBFX (101.3 FM)
|Radiate Media (Detroit) Station
|Radiate Media (Grand Rapids) Station
WBBL (107.3 FM)
Interactive Media will run throughout the year on:
- Pandora - 2 weeks previous to Visit Day events
- Facebook - Customize messages to undergraduate, graduate and transfer student segments
- Google - These search engines will broaden reach to targeted students and influencers and
- Yahoo/Bing assist in highlighting priority academic programs
- Revise websites for Health Professions and Engineering & Science.
- Redesign College/Schools’ home page design.
- Review and update messages on Admissions pages and other key sites.
- Develop mobile registration site to use in relation to Visit Day promotion.
- Develop Mobile Site in conjunction with IT,
- Review all print communication materials in light of research findings to determine best use in communication cycle and the most effective messaging. Develop implementation plan.
- Develop direct mail communications and corresponding landing page on website for targeted audiences:
- Catholic high school students
- High school teachers, counselors, coaches
- Enhance social media and media relations activity to promote UDM initiatives and tell our stories.