Best Practices: Promoting a Successful UDM Event
To promote a successful event at UDM, let UDM University Services help you reserve a place and set up your event, then promote your program.
Contact University Services
UDM policy requires contacting University Services for reserving a space. University Services will also help you with contacting other areas of UDM needed to host a successful event.
Create your event website/web page
When creating your website/page, make sure you have gathered or generated all the images,links, or content you will need.
- Option A: Create the website/page on your own
- Option B: Use an online event calendar page for your web page. Submit event information for online calendar.
- Option C: You can seek the assistance of the MPA office. If you opt for option C, you will still need to have all the information stated above, submitted at least two weeks prior the event date.
Here are two helpful examples of how to construct an event website/page.
Contact UDM Marketing & Public Affairs (MPA)
Let us know about your event. We may be able to help you promote it!
MPA phone: 313-993-1254If your event will require a professional photographer, you will need to submit a Photography Request Form.
If you are promoting a large marketing campaign here some steps you will need to take.
- Decide if you need a press release created for local/national media.
- Decide if you will need a video posted on the web. The marketing department does not provide video services, however, they will need to know wether you will utilizing video online after the event.
- Will you need to use social media on a large scale (ie. web ads)? Will you just be using it on a smaller scale, such as Facebook posts, or twitter?
Submitting your event
Send your event information to the UDM Event Calendar and the Campus Connection newsletter: