Mission Leadership Awards
Prior to 2010, the Mission and Vision Team sponsored the Mission Leadership Award, which recognized a faculty and an administrator/staff member who exemplified characteristics of UDM's Mission:
In 2010, the Mission/Urban/Social Justice Team created two new awards:
- the Vivere ex Missione Award, presented to a student graduating from an undergraduate program, and
- the Agere ex Missione Awards, presented to one faculty member and to one staff person.
The student awards are presented at Spring Commencement and the faculty/staff awards are presented at the annual Fall Convocation.
Award recipients exemplify the Mission of the University of Detroit Mercy. They are an active member of the UDM family with at least one year of exemplary service at the University and manifest at an exceptional level the following attributes:
- integrating the intellectual, spiritual, ethical and social development of students;
- providing excellent student-centered undergraduate and graduate education and/or service;
- active involvement in school activities outside the classroom and office and/or is a person who leads and serves in his/her community, especially in ways that reflect a commitment to compassion and justice in the Jesuit and Mercy traditions.
All nominations must be sent to Associate Professor of Mathematics Jeffery Boats at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 10, 2015.
No self nominations please.
EligibilityAll UDM employees except those from University Ministry, the Office of Mission and Identity and the Institute for Leadership and Service (for these three units Mission related activities are considered part of the job description) are eligible.
Letter of recommendation
Yearly, you will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation (no longer than two pages) explaining your selection using the information above.
To download nomination forms and for submission details, see the Nominations page.