Mission Leadership Awards
Prior to 2010, the Mission and Vision Team sponsored the Mission Leadership Award, which recognized a faculty and an administrator/staff member who exemplified characteristics of UDM's Mission:
In 2010, the Mission/Urban/Social Justice Team created two new awards: the Vivere ex Missione Award, presented to a student graduating from an undergraduate program, and the Agere ex Missione Award, presented to one faculty member and to one staff person.
The student awards are presented at Spring Commencement and the faculty/staff awards are presented at the annual Fall Convocation.
The recipient exemplifies the Mission of the University of Detroit Mercy. They manifest at an exceptional level the following attributes and are an active member of the UDM family with at least (1) year of exemplary service at the school.
- Recipient integrates the intellectual, spiritual, ethical and social development of students;
- Recipient provides excellent student-centered undergraduate and graduate education and/or service;
- Recipient is actively involved in school activities outside the classroom and office; and/or Nominee is a person who leads and serves in his/her community, especially in ways that reflect a commitment to compassion and justice in the Jesuit and Mercy traditions
EligibilityAll UDM employees except those from University Ministry, the Office of Mission and Identity and the Institute for Leadership and Service (for these three units Mission related activities are considered part of the job description) are eligible.
Letter of recommendation
Yearly, you will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation (no longer than two pages) explaining your selection using the information above. NO SELF NOMINATIONS PLEASE.
The Mission/Urban/Social Justice Team invites nominations for the annual Mission Awards:
- the Vivere ex Missione Award, presented to a student graduating from an undergraduate program, and
- the Agere ex Missione Award, presented to one faculty member and to one staff person.
All nominations must be sent to Associate Professor of Mathematics Jeffery Boats at email@example.com by Friday, Feb. 28, 2014.