Heartland-Delta VII Conference
"Balancing our economic realities with our call to the margins"
The Heartland-Delta Conference prepares for its first ever virtual conference!
The Heartland-Delta VII Conference will take place on Thursday, May 28 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Student Center’s Ballroom on UDM’s McNichols Campus. Heartland-Delta is comprised of 12 Jesuit colleges and universities in the central and southern regions of the United States. Faculty and staff of the universities have been gathering for a regular conference hosted by one of the institutions on a rotating basis for more than 20 years. These gatherings serve as an essential venue for dialogue and learning about issues related to Jesuit education and our shared mission.
This year’s first virtual conference will include 15-minute pre-recorded talks, small group discussion and reflection as well as feedback through teleconferencing with the other AJCU colleges/universities. It is hoped that this format might be a model for future collaborations. This year’s conference theme is “Balancing our economic realities with our call to the margins,” and will be hosted by Rockhurst University.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Antoine M. Garibaldi, President of University of Detroit Mercy
- Fr. Greg Boyle, S.J., Founder and Executive Director, Homeboy Industries
- Sr. Peggy O’Neill, S.C., Director of the Centre of the Arts for Peace in El Salvador
- Fr. Rick Malloy, S.J., Acting Director of Campus Ministries, University of Scranton
- Dr. Raymond F. Reyes, Assoc. Academic Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, Gonzaga University
For more information, see the overview PDF, conference schedule or contact John Staudenmaier, S.J., assistant to the President, Mission & Identity, at 313-993-1622 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow updates on the Facebook and Twitter pages.