Saturday Restaurant List
HD-Faculty Conversation custom has each university go out to eat together at a restaurant chosen from the short list compiled by the planning team. We've had lots of suggestions about restaurants within the city center area and decided on the following two clusters.
- A cluster of 5 restaurants a 5-7 minute drive from the hotel in the area near The Detroit Arts League where we will gather for a dessert reception.
- 2 restaurants in the hotel itself and Tom's Oyster Bar, directly across the street from the hotel.
We recommend the cluster of 5; more local variety and tone. The hotel restaurants are pretty hotel-like and Tom's Oyster Bar, while nifty (long but disappointing beer list though) is like TOB's elsewhere. Check the websites for details.
- 6:00 p.m. -- Leave from the hotel for the groups going to the cluster near Arts League
- 8:15-8:30 p.m. -- from hotel & restaurants to Arts League (also a 5-7 minute ride)
1) Near the Arts League
- Small Plates -- http://www.smallplates.com/
- Detroit Beer Company -- http://www.detroitbeerco.com/
- Angelina's Italian Bistro -- http://www.angelinadetroit.com/
- Vicente's (Cuban) -- http://www.vicente.us/
1250 Library St
- Fishbones (New Orleans) -- http://www.fishbonesusa.com/
2) In or very near Hotel
- Andiamo -- http://www.andiamoitalia.com/detroit/
- Forty-two Degrees North -- http://www.marriott.com/hotels/photo-tours.mi?marshaCode=dtwdt&pageID=HWRAL&imageID=1
- Tom's Oyster Bar -- http://www.tomsoysterbar.com/
Across the street from hotel