Lansing Reilly Mid-Day Retreats
The Lansing Reilly Mid-Day Retreat is Back.
The next retreat will be on Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- 11:30 p.m. Gather in the LR large front parlor
- 12:05 p.m. Lunch in the Jesuit dining room
- 12:50 p.m. Gather in the LR large front parlor
- 4:00 p.m. Head for home
Over the past two years about 360 staff, administrators, and faculty of the University have made the LR Mid-day Retreat. If you have not yet made the retreat, I invite you to join them. It is a five-hour retreat that all UDM budget managers have signed off on, and it is the retreat that UDM wants all employees to make at some time. For new employees, it is a great way to meet people from other parts of the University and to think about UDM's way of being a university.
The retreat has two goals:
- To introduce UDM's mission with an in-depth presentation about what it means:
- to be a university (i.e., any university is committed to doing teaching, research and service)
- to be UDM (i.e. UDM is publicly committed to being a university that is Catholic, Mercy & Jesuit, urban, student centered)
- To give the people an opportunity to talk with people from around the University's 3 campuses about the UDM mission (what seems important where you work, what seems irrelevant). That's what the small group sessions are for.
Many retreat alums say that the retreat's two best features are:
- The chance to talk seriously about what UDM stands for with people they have never met before from all parts of UDM;
- The food at Lansing Reilly.
Registration:Please e-mail Ruth Fichter to reserve a place. We will fill each retreat on a first-come, first-served basis. Her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
John Staudenmaier, S.J.
Assistant to the President for Mission