Community Outreach - College of Engineering and Science
Pre-College Programs Introduce Youth to STEM Areas
Each year, UDM’s College of Engineering & Science provides approximately 15 outreach programs to approximately 1,035 students between fourth and twelfth grades through Saturday classes, summer camps and exciting curricula designed to motivate the next generation to consider careers in engineering, science and technology. Programs in 2015 included:
- DAPCEP Saturday Program for students from fourth to twelfth grades;
- Ford Innovation Camp: For high school students using latest design and software tools to design, test and manufacture complex systems;
- Camp Infinity: For 40 fourth through seventh grade girls to advance their technological skills through web design and robotics technology in conjunction with College of Liberal Arts & Education;
- Transit Camp: For students interested in careers in transportation utilizing LEGO NXT Robotics;
- 2015 Technology Awareness Day: For 450 students from 13 area high schools to participate in science and technology activities.