Resources for Faculty Considering or Using Service-Learning
Resources for enhancing Service-Learning and Community Engagement- Click Here
Need to schedule your presentation or want us to prepare a list of course-appropriate service sites? Contact the ILS office at 313-993-2003 or by email at TheInstitute@udmercy.edu. Please give us a few weeks notice in advance of your course!
Resources for Course-planning
- Week-by-week calendar of Service-Learning support from ILS
- Faculty Startup Letter (.doc) reviews the basic components of an effective service-learning course
- Guides to Direct Service opportunities for your consideration
- Guide to Project Ideas with community partners
- Service-Learning Forms
- PowerPoint introduction to Service-Learning as used in class
- Sample syllabi listed according to discipline for Service-Learning courses
Resources on Reflection:
- A goldmine from Campus Compact on reflection - types, structuring it, using it.
- Reflection Activity Ideas and Helpful Tips for Faculty from St. Norbert College
- A SAGE Journal article on the Role of Reflection in Service-Learning
- Reflection Questions from Macomb Community College New York
- Our Faculty Startup Letter (.doc) gives the components of an effective service-learning course
- Our One Sheet Guide to Using Service-Learning (.doc) shows how the Kolb Learning Cycle plays a significant role in service-learning
- If you would like to discuss the possibility of adding a service-learning component to your course, please call Fr. Tim Hipskind at 313-993-2003 or email him at email@example.com
Want to learn more about Service-Learning?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can either call Fr. Tim Hipskind at 313-993-2003 or you can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.