Resources for Faculty Considering or Using Service-Learning
Do you need to schedule your presentation or want us to prepare a list of course-appropriate service sites? Contact the ILS office at 313-993-2003 or by email at email@example.com. Please give us a few weeks notice in advance of your course!
Resources for Course-Planning
- Great Guide to Service-Learning Course Design
- Guides to Direct Service Opportunities for your consideration
- Guide to Project Ideas with community partners
- PowerPoint Introduction to Service-Learning as Used in Class
- Sample Syllabi Listed According to Discipline for Service-Learning Courses
- Service-Learning Forms
- UDM Service-Learning Handbook
Resources on Reflection:
- A goldmine from Campus Compact on reflection - types, structuring it, using it.
- Reflection Activity Ideas from St. Norbert College
- A SAGE Journal article on the Role of Reflection in Service-Learning
- Reflection Questions from Macomb Community College New York
If you would like to discuss the possibility of adding a service-learning component to your course, please call Fr. Tim Hipskind at 313-993-2003 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more about Service-Learning?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can either call Fr. Tim Hipskind at 313-993-2003 or you can e-mail him at email@example.com.