Awards and Requirements
In 2013-2014, grantee awards included:
- A $500 stipend to each participating faculty member for their work in integrating the service project into a course for the winter term of 2014. This course is or will be a service-learning course for winter 2014.
- An award package (a $2,000 value minimum) to each participating student-leader for completing the following tasks to contribute to the project.
- In Term Fall 2013, student leaders will receive full tuition remission for attending the FCCP leadership course (3 credits). All students will conduct community assessments and develop action plan. Note: Total tuition remission including this grant plus students existing financial aid package will not exceed total tuition costs.
- In Term Winter 2013, all students coordinate the Service-Learning project, lead the granted class, and receive $1,500 stipend.
- Enrolling and completing coursework for LEAD 2000 (winter/spring 2013) and LEAD 4000 (fall 2013) courses
- Assessing the needs and assets of the target population being served by the proposed project;
- Coordinating and monitoring the work of the students enrolled in the Winter 2014 service-learning course;
- Assisting the faculty member to complete the project with surveys, reports, correspondence, etc. as needed for the project.