Awards and Requirements
Grantee awards include:
- A $500 stipend to each participating faculty member for their work in integrating the service project into a course for the Winter term of 2015. This course is or will be a service-learning course for Winter 2015.
- An award package (a $1,500 value minimum) to each participating student-leader for completing the following tasks to contribute to the project.
- In Fall 2014, student leaders will receive full tuition remission, if needed, for attending the FCCP leadership course (3 credits). All students will conduct community assessments and develop action plan. Note: Total tuition remission including this grant plus students existing financial aid package will not exceed total tuition costs.
- In Winter 2015, all students coordinate the Service-Learning project, lead the granted class, and receive $1,500 stipend.
- Enrolling and completing coursework for LEAD 2000 (Winter/Spring 2014) and LEAD 4000 (Fall 2014) courses
- Assessing the needs and assets of the target population being served by the proposed project;
- Coordinating and monitoring the work of the students enrolled in the Winter 2015 service-learning course;
- Assisting the faculty member to complete the project with surveys, reports, correspondence, etc. as needed for the project.