Spirit of UDM: Alumni Achievement Awards
April 11, 2014
The University of Detroit Mercy Board of Trustees, President Antoine M. Garibaldi, Ph.D. and the University community honored seven outstanding University alumni at the
The Spirit of UDM: Alumni Achievement Awards were established to recognize distinguished graduates from each of the University's colleges and schools who have excelled in their chosen profession, demonstrated outstanding leadership in their work, and benefited the wider community through their support. Award recipients reflect the University's mission of excellence and service and bring pride to their alma mater.
The inaugural awardees are:
- Emil J. Brolick '69, '72, president & CEO, The Wendy's Company
College of Business Administration
- John A. DiBiaggio '58, former president of Tufts University, Michigan State University and University of Connecticut
School of Dentistry
- Philip J. Kinsella '58, partner, Kevin Roche John Dinkeloo and Associates, LLC
School of Architecture
- Frederick M. Seibert '69, '73, owner and president, Preece, Inc.
College of Liberal Arts & Education
- Nancy A. Susick '86, senior vice president, Beaumont Health System; president, Beaumont Hospital, Troy
College of Health Professions
- William C. Young '64, CEO, Absopure Water Co. and Plastipak Holdings
College of Engineering & Science
- Brian K. Zahra '87, justice, Michigan Supreme Court
School of Law
Video, photos and more
For more information about the event, visit the Spirit of UDM site.