Job Search Links for Diverse Populations
For more information go to Equal Opportunity Publications - http://www.eop.com/
Resources for Women
- Advancing Women -- A network for women to share career strategies, provide employment opportunities, and find cutting-edge resources.
- American Association of University Women -- Provides information on current issues, research funding, and other resources specifically for women.
- CareerWoman2000.com -- A career resource for women of all professions and backgrounds. Their database contains entry level to senior executive positions with companies throughout the U.S. who value a diverse workplace.
- Feminist Majority Foundation -- Lists job banks in feminist, nonprofit, and general employment categories.
- Feminist.com -- Links to sites relating specifically to women in business or a professional setting.
- Jobs in Women's Studies -- Provides listings of jobs related to women's studies; maintained by the University of Maryland.
- Women at Work -- Provides information on how companies rate when it comes to salary, opportunities for advancement, child care, etc.
- Women's Work -- Search for flexible schedule, telecommuting, part-time, job share and work-from-home opportunities. Get information on family-friendly benefits and policies.
Persons with Disabilities
- Able to Work -- A consortium dedicated to increasing the employment of people with disabilities.
- College and Career Programs for Deaf Students -- Contains listings for over 100 postsecondary programs in the U.S., alphabetized by state. Includes information on admissions, enrollment, costs, support services, and degrees offered.
- Disability Services: Careers On-Line -- Provides job search and employment information to people with disabilities through accessible, up-to-date computer networks.
- National Business & Disability Council Resume Post -- "The leading national resource for corporations and agencies that are hiring, working with, and marketing to people with disabilities."
- Office of Disability Employment Policy -- Information on individual rights in the workplace, interviewing techniques, workplace accommodations, and more.
- The Arc -- An online site that provides easy access to facts, contacts, and news updates about people with disabilities and advocacy.
- Work Support -- A compilation of information and resources related to persons with disabilities in the workplace.
- World Association of Persons with Disabilities -- "WAPD advances the interests of persons with disAbilities at national, state, local and home levels." This site contains information and resources on various topics.
- Asian Professional Exchange -- "A professional cultural community," this site contains information about membership, special events, and committees.
- Black Collegian On-line -- "The career site for students of color" - this web resource contains sections on graduate school, global study, African-American issues, military opportunities, and jobs. Includes a database to post your resume and search for jobs.
- Indian.Com: American Indian Country on the Web -- Links to American Indian-owned businesses and other resources on the web.
- Saludos.com -- Information on education and careers for Hispanic job seekers, including a resume database. Text in both English and Spanish.
- Adult Student Center -- Information and inspiration on how to get started, choose a major, pay forschool, and review study tips. Also contains an advice column and a forumto connect with other adult students.
- Adult Student.com -- A companion to "The Adult Student's Guide to Survival & Success," this sitecontains articles, quizzes, tips, and success stories from other adultstudents.
- Back2College -- A collection of resources for reentering students, including articles froma variety of publications and information on financial aid, career/majordecisions, time management, and more.