The Career Education Center is a member in good standing of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). As such we adhere to the Principles for Professional Practice. The CEC criteria for offering assistance to employers or other organizations are:
- Must have current or anticipated job openings for college graduates or co-ops.
- Must have an employer-employee relationship in which there are no fees associated with becoming an intern or employee of the organization, other than professional licensure fees for career employees that may be necessary to be paid by employee.
- Redisclosure of candidate information is prohibited without the candidate's written consent.
Third Party Agencies
Third party agencies (temporary agencies, temp-to-hire agencies, search firms, etc.) are offered assistance with campus interviewing, resume referrals, and vacancy communication for graduating students/alumni only when they meet the following requirements:
- Disclosure of vacancy position(s) and employer he/she represents for recruiting activities
- Acknowledges that CEC may verify with employer the third party's recruiter relationship
- Provide information concerning UDM candidates employed (employer and salary)
- Third party agencies are not eligible for other employer services.
Network Marketing Organizations and Franchises
Network marketing organizations and franchises are not considered employers by CEC and are not eligible to participate in any employer services. Such organizations are those that engage in one or more of the following practices:
- Sponsorship of an individual in setting up his/her own business for the purpose of selling products or services and/or recruiting other individuals to set up their own business.
- Requirement of an initial investment from individuals, with the organization itself serving as an umbrella or parent corporation. The initial investment may be direct payment of a fixed fee, payment to attend an orientation or training session, and/or purchase of a starter kit.
- Compensation is often in the form of straight commission, fees from others under their sponsorship in the organization, and/or a percentage of sales generated by others.