On-Campus Interviewing and Employer Office Hours
- Term I On-Campus Interview dates: September to November
- Term II On-Campus Interview dates: February to April
Dates for the 2012-13 academic year will be posted in June.
For more information contact the CEC at (313)993-1017 or email@example.com.
Employer Office Hours
Take advantage of the opportunity to connect with students and be a "Career Advisor for a Day." This is not meant to be a recruiting event, but instead a way to build your brand and increase your visibility on campus.
This is a great way to give back and assist students with their career exploration. Employer representatives can include: recruiters, partners, managers, or UDM Alumni.
The Office Hours are located in the Career Education Center and give students the opportunity to meet with a professional in their field of interest in a less formal, informational interview setting. Office Hours are generally held for a 3 hour period, Wednesdays through Fridays. The Career Center handles scheduling students for appointments (30 minutes or less) or, if requested by the employer, can advertise the visit for students to participate in a walk-in basis.
Requests should be made two weeks in advance if possible, and approvals will be granted on a first-come, space-available basis. Interested employers should send an email to Tracey Knowles at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Preferred date and time frame (3 hours or more-Wednesdays through Fridays)
- Any preferred criteria for students (e.g. major, year in school, etc.)
- Names/titles of organization representatives
- Preference for seeing students who are scheduled or on a walk-in basis
- Preferred length for each meeting (15-30 minutes)
- Recruiters dictate their own time commitments
- Career Education Center handles the scheduling and sends reminder emails to students
- Development of a regular schedule of availability (during Fall and Winter Semester)