College is an investment, an emotional and financial investment, for the whole family. That's why UDM offers a special orientation just for parents of entering students. Our one-day program will provide you with tips on how to guide your student towards success.
The Parent Orientation program will:
- help you with your transition to becoming a college parent.
- equip you with the resources necessary to help your student achieve success and graduate.
- provide you with strategies for letting go when your son or daughter leaves for college.
- clarify expectations in your new role as a college parent.
- introduce you to many faculty, advisors, staff and support personnel who will help your son or daughter at UDM.
- allow you to meet other UDM parents and begin to develop connections with them.
Parent Orientation includes sessions and representatives from the following areas:
- Academic Advising
- Student Life
- Career Education Center
- University Ministry
- Health and Wellness
- Public Safety
- Billing and Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Dining Services
- be UDM’s guests at lunch.
- have individual appointments with financial aid counselors.
- have the option for a campus and/or residence hall tour(s).
- receive a parent packet with valuable resource information.
- receive a discount on UDM merchandise at the bookstore.
- make a one-day investment in your son or daughter’s success.