Financial Aid Information for Incoming Freshmen
Congratulations on your decision to achieve great things at UDM. Here are step-by-step instructions to receive your customized financial aid package. And of course if you have questions at any time, feel free to contact the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office at 313-993-3350. It’s our job to make this process work for you.
- First things first! Freshmen and their parents should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This can be done online, and the sooner you do this after January 1, the better. We’re happy to walk you and your parents through it.
- Learn about these special grants and scholarships available exclusively to Michigan residents.
- Learn the language of Financial Aid and the steps you take to receive your financial aid award.
- If you choose to borrow a Stafford Loan, there are steps you must take to ensure the funds arrive at UDM. Find out What Happens Next.
- Stay on Schedule! See the 2013-2014 Freshman Calendar(pdf).
- Get information about the Federal Education Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) form(pdf).
- Each year the federal government selects families to verify the information submitted on the FAFSA. Learn more about Verification.
- Freshman Orientation is a great introduction to your college experience, and your financial aid advisor will be on hand to answer any questions you and your parents might have.
- Did you know that there’s a special scholarship just for freshmen? See the Freshmen Scholarship Estimator (pdf).
- Remember: the FAFSA may look complicated, but it’s really very simple, and we’re happy to guide families through the process. And for fun, check out this FAFSA video.