UDM Logo

HOW does this work?

  1. Once a student has a Financial Aid Award that includes Federal Work Study and is registered for the term, they must pick up their employment forms in the Financial Aid Office. Students who are seeking Non Work Study employment do not need a Financial Aid Award; however they must be registered before they can pick up their application forms.
  2. New student employees must complete either a FWS or NWS application packet. Returning student employees (Any student who has been on student payroll within the last 4 years) need only to pick-up their FWS or NWS application and a payroll authorization form.
  3. Check the Student Employment Board or the Titan Career Link for available positions; Contact & interview with potential employers.
  4. Students should take their authorized FWS or NWS application packets to their supervisors to inform them what they are eligible for during the academic year and to have their supervisors complete the employer sections of the packet.
  5. Students must return their completed packets and applications back to the Financial Aid Office before their first day of work. NEW STUDENTS must also provide two pieces of identification one being a picture ID, (i.e. a driver's license, state or school ID card). Acceptable forms of the second piece of identification could include a social security card or birth certificate. A U.S. passport may substitute for documentation of identity and citizenship.
  6. Students record their hours on their electronic timesheet in TitanConnect and submit the timesheet  to their supervisor on a bi-weekly basis according to the Student Employment Payday Calendar schedule. A student employee's timesheet must be submitted by 10:00 A.M. on the Saturday after a Friday pay.