Undergraduate Application Checklist
Submit an application for admission online at http://www.udmercy.edu and we will waive your application fee (fee waiver does not apply to international student applications).
High School Students
High school transcript
ACT or SAT scores
A writing sample of at least 250 words on a topic of your choice
Letter of recommendation
College transcript from each college/university attended
If you have less than 24 semester credits, you will submite need to also forward an official high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores to: Office of Admission, 4001 West. McNichols Rd., Detroit, MI 48221-3038.
International Undergraduate Students
Contact a recognized educational credential evaluation service based in the United States such as the World Education Services or the Educational Credential evaluators. Order one of the evaluations stated below, and have the results sent to the Office of Admissions. Freshman Students
If high school coursework is in English and was completed in the U.S. or Ontario Canada an evaluation by WES or ECE is not needed
- WES evaluation - Document-by-Document Report
- ECE evaluation - General Report with Grade Average
Transfer Students with previous foreign college coursework
If college coursework is in English and was completed in the U.S. or Ontario Canada an evaluation by WES or ECE is not needed. To determine if an evaluation is required, contact the Office of Admissions.
- WES evaluation - Course-by-Course Basic Evaluation
- ECE evaluation – Course-by-Course Report
Upon acceptance, you’ll need to follow the below steps for an I-20 to apply for a student visa.
- Submit a Statement of Financial Support Form and a financial statement.
- Submit a copy of the information pages of your passport. Also, if you are currently in the U.S. on a visa, send a copy of that visa.
- Submit an Application Signature Page personally signed by you.
- Obtain a temporary visa from a United States Embassy or Consulate.
- For forms and more complete information on these requirements, please visit the International Student Office web site.
- Application fees may apply.
- Graduate applicants should check with the appropriate school/college for application requirements (i.e., test scores, letters of recommendation, undergraduate degree transcripts, etc).
- Applicants for Law School or Dental School should contact the according school for all application materials and requirements.