Financial Aid Information for Transfer Students
A UDM education is an investment that will pay dividends over the entire course of your life. That’s why UDM has a top ranking by U.S. News & World Report in the “Great schools, great prices” category.
Here are step-by-step instructions to receive your customized financial aid package. And of course if you have questions at any time, feel free to contact the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office at (313)993-3350.
- Your first step: Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This can be done online, and the sooner you do this after January 1, the better. We’re happy to walk you through it. (Or, if your parents are helping pay for your education costs, we’d be happy to guide them through the process.)
- Learn about these special grants and scholarships available exclusively to Michigan residents.
- Learn to speak the language of Financial Aid and the steps you take to receive your financial aid award.
- If you’re receiving a Stafford Loan, find out What Happens Next.
- Get information about the Federal Education Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) form (pdf).
- Each year the federal government selects families to verify the information submitted on the FAFSA. Learn more about Verification.
- Financial Aid counselors will personally be on hand to answer your questions at Transfer Orientation, held every August.
- Remember: the FAFSA may look complicated, but it’s really very simple, and we’re happy to guide you through the process. And for fun, check out this FAFSA video.