Date: November 17, 2013
Location: Off Campus / Fairfield near Florence Street
The University of Detroit Mercy Public Safety Department is investigating a Armed Robbery that occurred on Fairfield north of Florence St. at 6:30 PM on November 17, 2013. A UDM student was walking northbound on Fairfield when one of the perpetrators approached him from behind implied he had a gun though none was seen and demanded his money. The student turned over his money and the perpetrators then fled southbound on Fairfield.
Perpetrator #1 is described as a Black Male 30 years of age, 5'8" tall, weighing 200 pounds wearing a black hat brown sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Perpetrator #2 is described as a Black Male 30 years of age, 5'6" tall, weighing 180 pounds wearing a dark color sweatshirt and dark pants.
DPS will continue to provide the community with security and safety information through safety notices and updates on the DPS web site.
- Make sure your belongings are secure when walking.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety (313) 993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods)
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone 313-993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus