Date: June 19, 2013
Location: On Campus / Rear of Corktown Campus on Magnolia St.
While on their lunch hour, three members of the University Dental Community were walking around the outside perimeter of the Corktown Campus. While the members were walking East on Magnolia St toward 17th St, the perpetrator, a black, male, early 20's, short hair, wearing blue jean shorts, black shoes walked by and said hello. The perpetrator then came back and snatched a necklace from one of the members, and the perpetrator took off running East on Magnolia from there unknown.
DPS will continue to provide the community with security and safety information through safety notices and updates on the DPS web site.
- Make sure your belongings are secure when walking.
- Make sure to lock your door(s) when leaving your area.
- Secure all valuable items; don’t leave them in plain view.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods)
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety 313-993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone 313-993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus