Larceny From Person
Date: May 09, 2013
Location: On Campus / McNichols Campus – Briggs Building
McNichols Campus– The University of Detroit Mercy Public Safety Department is investigating a larceny from person that occurred at the McNichols Campus at 1:20 PM on May 9, 2013. The perpetrators gained access to an office that was left unsecured.
The first perpetrator is described as a Black Male early 20’s, 6’ 0”, Thin Build, Medium Complexion, short hair, last seen wearing a White T-Shirt, Black athletic Shorts with a white strip running down the sides and white gym shoes. The second perpetrator is described as a Black Male early 20’s, 6’0” tall, Medium Build, Medium Complexion, short hair, White T-Shirt, Black Athletic Shorts with a white stripe down the sides and Red gym shoes.
The stolen property was recovered by UDM Public Safety officers, but the perpetrators have not been apprehended at this time. The UDM Public Safety Department is working with the Detroit Police Department to bring the two perpetrators into custody.
DPS will continue to provide the community with security and safety information through safety notices and updates on the DPS web site.
- Make sure your belongings are secure when walking.
- Make sure to lock your door(s) when leaving your area.
- Secure all valuable items; don’t leave them in plain view.
- Utilize the campus escort policy or walk with others when possible.
- On campus emergencies call Public Safety (313) 993-1123
- Off campus emergencies call 9-1-1
- Do not carry large amounts of cash
- Do not count your cash in view of others
- Be aware of your surroundings and others around you at all times.
- Limit the use of devices that distract you while you are walking (Ex. Text messaging, iPods)
Department of Public Safety
- Campus Phone 1-2-3
- Non-Campus Phone (313) 993-1123
- 101 Student Center Building, McNichols Campus