UDM Honored Alumni With Achievement Awards
University of Detroit Mercy honored seven distinguished alumni on April 11, 2014, when it hosted the inaugural Spirit of UDM: Alumni Achievement Awards in the Student Fitness Center on the McNichols Campus.
The Awards recognize graduates from each of UDM's schools and colleges who have excelled in their chosen professions, demonstrated outstanding leadership in their work and benefited their communities through their support. They reflect the University's mission of excellence and service, and bring pride to their alma mater.
This year's awardees were:
- Emil J. Brolick '69, '72, College of Business Administration; president & CEO, The Wendy's Company
- John A. DiBiaggio '58, School of Dentistry; former president of Tufts University, Michigan State University and University of Connecticut
- Philip J. Kinsella '58, School of Architecture; partner, Kevin Roche John Dinkeloo and Associates, LLC
- Frederick M. Seibert '69, '73, College of Liberal Arts & Education; owner and president, Preece, Inc.
- Nancy A. Susick '86, College of Health Professions; senior vice president, Beaumont Health System; president, Beaumont Hospital, Troy
- William C. Young '64, College of Engineering & Science; CEO, Absopure Water Co. and Plastipak Holdings
- Brian K. Zahra '87, School of Law; justice, Michigan Supreme Court
For more information about the event and the honorees, visit the Spirit of UDM site.
Read the related article about Emil Brolick that appeared in the Detroit Free Press.
Release date: April 10, 2014
# # #