UDM To Host Urban Health Issues Conference
University of Detroit Mercy will host and co-sponsor “Urban Health Issues: Impact of the Affordable Care Act,” an informational conference for healthcare professionals and interested students, on Friday, April 4, 2014 from 7:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. in the Student Fitness Center on the McNichols Campus.
At the conference, a variety of established medical professionals including keynote speaker, Nancy Schlichting, MBA, CEO of Henry Ford Health System, will examine the impact of the new Affordable Care Act (ACA). Among the topics for discussion will be the challenges of delivering health care in an underserved setting; strategies for coordinating care from a system's perspective; potential healthcare delivery models; a comparison of successful healthcare delivery models; and an outline of strategies for promoting health and reducing risk, utilizing funds available through the ACA.
In addition to Schlichting, featured speakers include:
- Chris Allen, FACHE, CEO & Senior Consultant at Shreve & Associates PC
- Joy Calloway, MHSA, MBA, President & Chief Executive Officer at New Center Community Mental Health Services
- Carla Groh, Ph.D., R.N., PMHNP-BC, University Of Detroit Mercy professor of Nursing and Women's Studies
- Mary Ellen Howard, RSM, B.S.N., M.A., Executive Director at Cabrini Clinic
- Kate Kohn-Parrott, MBA, CMA, CIA, CEO of Greater Detroit Area Health Council
- John McGinnity, M.S., PA-C, Clinical Associate Professor & Director of Program Planning & Development, Department of Healthcare Sciences, Wayne State University
“Urban Health Issues: Impact of the Affordable Care Act” is co-sponsored by University of Detroit Mercy, Henry Ford Health System, Trinity Health, Midwest Healthcare Executives Group and Associates (MHEGA), Greater Detroit Area Health Council, National Associations of Health Services Executives and the Michigan Organization of Nurse Executives (MONE).
Registration is $60 or $10 for students. For more information or to register, visit http://mcache.ache.org.
Release date: March 19, 2014
# # #