Detroit Titans Fan Fest at Woodward Dream Cruise
The 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise will be in Detroit on Saturday, August 18th and for a second-straight year the Detroit Titans will be right in the middle of the action. Fans are invited to stop by the “Detroit Titan Fan Experience” at 32060 Woodward Avenue (just south of Buddy's Pizza on the east side of Woodward).
In a collaborative effort with National Pastime Sports, Detroit Titan Athletics will provide fans with an interactive setup where you can test your sports skills, hang out with Titan coaches and student-athletes-- past and present-- and take in the sights and sounds of one of Southeast Michigan's most well-known events.
Fans and cruisers will be able to pick up giveaways throughout the event courtesy of Titan Athletics and refuel with Powerade as well as receive complimentary popcorn. Come see Tommy Titan and mingle with the Titan cheer and dance teams.
Schedule of Events
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - 2012 WNIT participants - Detroit Titans women's basketball team and coaching staff
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Detroit Titan track and field members
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. - Detroit Titans Dance Team (DT2)
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. - 2012 Horizon League Tournament Champions - Detroit Titans men's basketball representatives with members of the coaching staff
- 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. - Preseason #1 Horizon League team -- Detroit Titans women's soccer members
- 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. - Strength and Conditioning Session
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. - Men's lacrosse members
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. - Women's lacrosse members
Release date: August 14, 2012
# # #
The University of Detroit Mercy is Michigan's largest private Catholic University, with more than 100 academic majors and programs. Sponsored by the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) and the Sisters of Mercy, the University has campuses located in downtown and northwest Detroit.
UDM is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities and the largest of 17 Mercy institutions of higher education in the United States. For the 14th consecutive year, University of Detroit Mercy is listed in the top tier of Midwest regional universities in the 2015 edition of the U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" rankings.