Alumni Visit UDM Students for Business Administration's Alumni Week
University of Detroit Mercy's College of Business Administration will sponsor its 13th Annual Alumni Week on March 21-25, 2011. Many prominent UDM business alumni are scheduled to visit classes and discuss their experiences in the business world with current UDM students.
This year's featured keynote speaker is Laura Soave '00, Head of Fiat Brand for North America. Soave is coming back to UDM’s College of Business Administration to discuss how she was put in charge of the reintroduction of Fiat in North America. Previously, she worked to better the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands and led several consumer marketing initiatives for Volkswagen of America. Her talk will be held in the Fountain Lounge of the Student Center Building on the McNichols Campus.
Other notable UDM Business Administration Alumni Week participants include:
- Mark Ellis – Executive VP Sales, AOL
- Kevin Burke – Senior VP Americas, Tech Team Global
- John Sofia – VP, Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, American Axel and Manufacturing, Inc.
- Lenora Hardy-Foster – Executive Director & CFO, Southwest Counseling & Development Services
- Joseph Berkowski – Transportation Purchasing Manager, Ford Motor Company
- Nancy Hazely – President & CEO, Tax Trilogy LLC, Tax Accounting Firm
- Jeffrey Karafa – Senior VP & CFO, Fidelity Bank
- Peter Kennedy – Vice President and Senior Portfolio Manager, Comerica Bank
- Eliot Stark – Managing Director, Capital Insight Partners
All participating classes are located on UDM's McNichols campus. Participants are subject to change.
Release date: March 22,2011
# # #
The University of Detroit Mercy is Michigan's largest private Catholic University, offering approximately 100 majors and programs in 60 academic fields. Sponsored by the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) and the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, the University has three campuses located in downtown and northwest Detroit.
For the 11th consecutive year, UDM was ranked among the top tier of Midwestern master's universities in U.S.News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" – 2012 edition.