Admissions criteria and process
Applicants applying to the Master of Community Development program should have a minimum GPA of 3.0* in a bachelor's or master's degree program from an accredited institution. To be considered for admission, a candidate must complete the graduate application for evaluation by MCD faculty. The application consists of:
- Transcripts from an accredited institution in a bachelor's or master's program
- Letter of interest, which includes ranking order of interest in MCD concentrations
- Current resume, illustrating excellence and accomplishment in academic, extra curricular, service and/or professional endeavors
- Two letters of recommendation from employers and/or faculty
- Test scores (GRE, GMAT, TOFEL etc.) are not mandatory, but will be considered.
Additional requirements include:
- An interview, facilitated by two MCD faculty/administration members, to determine the applicant's contribution to a unique learning environment
- An essay exam may be required to determine English language and writing skills
*Professional accomplishments in a related field will be considered in addition to GPA.
For more information
Contact Jodi Abatemarco in Admissions at313-993-1592 for more information.