University District Development Corporation
The University District Development Corporation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to building a stronger more prosperous future for the University District area of northwest Detroit through the development of residential neighborhoods and public spaces.
The University District area of northwest Detroit will be considered a highly desirable area to visit and live in the Detroit Metro area.
- Sponsor the development of comprehensive master plans for key residential neighborhoods and public spaces
- Beautify public spaces and improve infrastructure through self-funded projects and public partnerships
- Provide education and information on home improvement to residents
- Reduce blight and eyesores through engagement with property owners and public partnerships
- Encourage the renovation of foreclosed, abandoned, and dilapidated housing through the matching of qualified buyers/investors to sellers
2012 University District Development Corporation Events
- Home and Garden Tour: Sunday, September 16, 2012 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The University District’s biannual Home and Garden Tour now has an Art Show! Everything from fine woodworking to photography by twenty artists and craftsmen will be on display. The interiors of five beautiful English Tudor homes (two with turrets) and Gesu Catholic Church, celebrating 90 years in our community, will be on display. The previous two year’s UDCA Garden Club Beautification winners will show off their lovely landscapes. The Trolley will transport you, ice cream will social cool you, and Hot Dog Girlz will soothe your hunger. Tickets are $15 in advance and $18 the day of the tour. Buy advanced tickets at www.udcatour.comamp;#160;313‐915‐0474 or email@example.com for more information. Invite friends and come on by- our homes are amazing.