Student Fitness Center
The Detroit Mercy Fitness Center is dedicated to the health and wellness of Detroit Mercy students and employees.
The modern facility opened in 2012 and features:
- A 12,720 square foot gym floor, which can be used for basketball, volleyball, floor hockey or badminton courts.
- Group fitness room
- Open weight and cardio room
- Open stretching areas
- Wi-Fi and a lounge
- Gym floor divider that can separate the floor into two different spaces
- Air conditioned
- Can accommodate more than 1,000 people for events
The Fitness Center is free for all Detroit Mercy students, faculty and staff.
Come check out the Fitness Center today and be sure to ask about our fitness classes, personal training, URec Adventure Series and Intramural Sports.
Want to play volleyball, badminton or basketball at the Fitness Center? Reserve a court in advance. It's free for students, faculty or staff.
Available equipment includes:
- Volleyball nets and balls
- Badminton nets, racquets and shuttlecocks
- Futsal balls and goals
For more details, call the Fitness Center at 313-993-1783.
Please see the Court Reservation Policy below:
Court Reservation Policy
- If you wish to reserve a court, you must contact the front desk a minimum of four hours before your desired reservation.
- Between the hours of 3-8 p.m. on weekdays, only one court will be available for reservation.
- At the time of your reservation, you will be asked to provide a contact name, phone number, duration of reservation and desired activity.
- Please note, you must be a current Detroit Mercy student, faculty, staff or administrator to reserve a court. All participants who do not present a valid Detroit Mercy ID will be subject to a guest fee of $5.
- Special events may be an exception to this rule upon communication with professional staff.
Host an event
The Fitness Center is available to host a number of events, such as group activities, sporting events, large gatherings, and social activities.
These events include Dollars For Scholars, 3 on 3 basketball tournaments, team building, and more. See the versatility of our venue (here).
Our projector, beanbag chairs and popcorn machine make for the perfect movie night.
If you are interested in hosting your event at the Fitness Center, please fill out the online application. Please note that this is an application only and your request is under consideration. You will be notified once the event and date have been approved.