Resources for Faculty Considering or Using Service-Learning
Help us service your course better by filling out a Faculty Service-Learning Support Request (.pdf) form so we can schedule your presentation and prepare course-appropriate service sites. Please get it to us a few weeks in advance of your course!
- Week-by-week calendar (.pdf) of Service-Learning support from LDI
- Guides to Direct Service opportunities for your consideration
- Service-Learning Forms
- PowerPoint intoduction to Service-Learning as used in class
- Kolb’s Learning Cycle & Service-Learning: (.pdf) See how the Kolb Learning Cycle plays a significant role in Service-Learning
- Service-Learning Current Course List for Agencies (.pdf): double check to make sure your course is here
Forms that might help you!
- Our Faculty Startup Letter (.doc) will give you information about the coming term.
- Our One Sheet Guide to Using Service-Learning (.doc) - a review of the basics of Service-Learning.
- Our Faculty Service-Learning Support Request (.doc) form lets you give LDI an idea of your desires - for best service, fill one out!
- A goldmine from Campus Compact (http://www.compact.org/disciplines/reflection/) - types, structuring it, using it.
Curious about Service-Learning?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You can either call David Nantais at 313-993-2003 or you can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.